Monday, November 5, 2012

Scream


Surge, fire, hurricane and scream were New York City for me last week.  Scream is on display at MOMA and MOMA was where I went everyday to get warm and use a bathroom.  Monday, October 31,  the lights went out.  When I lose power I also lose water and an elevator.  When you live on the 18th floor that's not good.  I had some supplies so I was okay.  However, my flashlight batteries didn't last.  They may have been in the flashlight for a decade or more.  So, I decided on Wednesday to do the stairs.  It wasn't bad.  I can do 5 flights before my head bursts and then I would just sit and catch my breath and do a few more flights.  The power came back on Friday about 5:30 PM.  Things are back to normal, for me.  I lost a couple of pounds because I was climbing 18 flights of stairs and I wasn't noshing in front of the TV.  So there is some good in the worst of times.  I hope the rest of those who have suffered through this storm and are still suffering can find some relief and some good.
'Man With Yellow Pants' , paper, oil, and pencil on polished stainless steel by Michaelangelo Pistoletto.
'At Rest in the Garden', water and two sparrows on stained steel chairs by James Dolan.



No comments: