Sunday, September 2, 2012

Rockaway Beach

If it wasn't for my Celtic skin and the sun I would live at the beach.  Rockaway was our family's summer retreat.  We rented a cottage or shared a house with friends and spent summer vacations there in the sand and sun.  What I remember is the smell of salt water, the taut skin after my body had dried from a day of swimming, and sand everywhere: bed, clothes, in-between my toes.
Can't forget the sun burn and the blisters.
So this is how I dress when I go the beach today:

But I still got into my bathing suit and swan around for awhile.  I couldn't resist.

Betty didn't go in.  She stayed on the Boardwalk.  No sand in her shoes.
Some more photos:


Oh when the sun beats down and burns the tar upon the roof
And your shoes get so hot, you wish you're tired feet were fire-proof
I should have moved that garbage can. 
& After a swim:
Margaritaville.




 

No comments: