Monday, September 24, 2012

MOMA




Boetti's Mappa and Tutti



Every one of these art works are embroidered by hand, needle, thread, little stitches:
This is from his piece 'one to a hundred and back'.  I wanted to show the stitches but needed the zoom and the clarity is diminished when I zoom.
Count the dots.
I like the piece because it reminds me of a piece Frankie did of a stick figure.  It grows and changes just adding one piece at a time.  
There is so  much, but I want to point out that the Tutti piece is made up of many images:
people, glasses, corkscrew, outlines of countries
And the three graces, Euphroseyne, Agalaea, and Thalia [Beauty, Charm and Joy].  They look like they are modeled after Raphael's 'Three Graces'.  It is said to be the first time Raphael painted the female nude front and back.

Abstracts:


Time to renew my membership to MOMA.







No comments: