Friday, July 6, 2012

Man and Superman

Another great production by the Irish Rep.
And another great cast of which I was only familiar with one, namely, Brian Murray.  The lead actor Max Gordon Moore is a graduate of the Yale School of Drama and Janie Brookshire is the female lead.  Both are exceptional.
The public in Victorian England opted for a light hearted  evening at the theater.  They are infamous for changing the ending of  'Romeo and Juliet' to something more uplifting.  The star crossed lovers live.  The artistic taste of empire is towards the sacchariferous.
So Shaw did not expect his plays to be performed and he wrote them as short stories.  To perform Man and Superman as written would take 5 hours.  This performance was 2 and a quarter hours.

Around the house:
I've painted the bedroom and hall and bought some new furniture and gotten rid of some of the old.
The heavy Danish modern pieces have been removed.  The living room looks so much bigger.


And the new for the  bedroom:

I've always liked Art deco and when I saw these it was love at first sight.
I call her Gypsy Rose Dee.

Can a cat explode?


At least now that he's off his diet I can sleep through the night without being scratched all over my legs.

No comments: