Saturday, March 24, 2012

Smoke Jazz Club


Wednesday, to celebrate Dottie's Birthday I took her to Smoke, a very nice, comfortable Jazz Club.


It's just a few blocks north of:


and right before you get to:





We had a very nice dinner.  Dottie had blackened catfish and I had grilled salmon.  We both had something to wash them down with.


We had come to hear:

and her quartet.  In honor of Woman's History Month she sang songs of great female jazz artists, Gloria Lynn's Wild is the Wind, Nancy Wilson's Guess Who I Saw Today and Sarah's The Thrill Is Gone, plus many more.
Great music, food, drinks and a lot cheaper than the Cafe Carlyle.  I'll be back.

Right now one of my kidneys is playing the Rolling Stones, and allergy season is very strong this year.  I hope the stones and allergies will pass real soon.

No comments: