Saturday, November 12, 2011

Fashion



New York is ranked with Paris and Milan as one of the fashion capitals of the world.  I don't know anything about fashion, but it is indicative of the importance of fashion in our society that I can probably name as many designers as I can current movie directors, and I love movies.  We used to have a garment district and during the day on 7th Ave. there would be men pushing racks of clothes up and down the avenue.  I don't know what happens in regards to fashion on 7th Ave today but those racks are being pushed on other streets.  We do have a lot of schools of fashion, many of them prestigious: FIT, Parsons, Pratt Institute, NY School of Design, Art Institute of NY, Berkeley College, and LIM which is the only school in the country solely focused on fashion.

1 comment:

deidre said...

Wow - all your holiday shopping done.